Wednesday 1 June 2016

no coffee?!?!?!?!

it's been a busy couple of weeks with a new baby. Lot's of people ask what I've been up to. Last weekend I went to Port Credit's artfest and was completely inspired. Currently gessoing some canvas hoping to paint out all of the ideas running through my head!! Also, watching tutorials on painting water, my mind has been blown with an amazing new technique I want to try!

So many ideas so little time, and sometimes energy. I have been keeping my promise over the last two weeks of sketching everyday. I bring my little sketchbook with me everywhere, as my long walks with the new baby seem to make me really creative.

Unfortunately this morning I discovered we were out of coffee. I got by with a 2km walk to Starbucks and art therapy. Some mornings are rough, especially when you have run out of coffee.
This drawing is based on real events, there was iron man this morning and someone wanting to eagerly ride bikes to get a bracelet, my hair length may have been dramatized.

Originally drew with an HB pencil, but it's too light to see, so did a quick pass with ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment